Increase your business agility and capabilities through cloud migration to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
TYPICAL CHALLENGES THAT WE SEE
Migrating applications hosted in your data center can be a daunting task with a lot of hidden issues and possible problems. It certainly helps if you have taken the first step in implementing a private cloud solution using technologies like VMware Cloud Foundation, OpenStack, or Azure Stack.
Key factors to consider when moving data to the cloud:
- Mapping your organization roles and users from your directory services to the appropriate cloud identity access management roles and permissions for maintaining your security policies.
- Configuring the cloud provider’s virtual network to align with your current data center’s virtual network.
- Creating deployment templates that align with your data center’s service level agreements for high availability, disaster recovery, security, and performance. For example, setting up geographic replication between different data centers for a “platinum” level configuration for your mission-critical application.
- Updating your development and test procedures for integration and deployment to take advantage of manageability features like Azure Application Insights, AWS CloudTrail, and Google Stackdriver Monitoring.
- Identifying cloud services that would replace ones you may have built in-house for greater reliability and performance.
However, before you go too deep into the weeds, you’re going to need to understand the financial implications of migrating to the cloud. Here are some of the common challenges that we have seen helping our customers move to the cloud.
GETTING THE BEST VALUE FROM ALL THE CLOUD MIGRATION OPTIONS
When migrating database servers to the Cloud, how do I get the best value from all the choices?
Finding the best value in the cloud is a balancing act. You need to deeply consider the following questions:
- How much do you want to support yourself or how much do you want managed support?
- Are you planning to run lean or are you planning for periodic expansion?
- Are you looking for a short-term commitment or could you improve pricing with a long-term commitment?
nFolks can help you answer these questions, evaluate your current environment, and determine the most cost-effective environment for your migration base on your needs.
CHOOSING WHICH WORKLOADS TO MOVE TO THE CLOUD
We take a data-centric approach to determine which workloads are most appropriate for the cloud. We start with data collection which gives us a profile of each workload environment such as CPU, RAM, etc. We also gather performance metrics over a period of time using our agentless DBMSys software. We also work with our customers to understand their business needs/restrictions of each workload to determine a list of potential candidates that can be moved to the cloud.
Best of all, the process works with on-premises solutions like Microsoft Sharepoint, Dynamics, and others that can’t move to managed services due to unsupported features. We can recommend the appropriate virtual machine based solution for Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud platforms optimized for cost and performance.
Let us help you with your project! Contact us for a FREE quote today. Request a quote
WHY CLOUD MIGRATION WITH NFOLKS TECHNOLOGIES
What makes DB Best a unique partner for your cloud migration projects?
- We are partners with Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform, so we can work with you on the cloud platform that best matches your needs.
- We are the partner of choice for our cloud partners regarding database migrations. We have unmatched experience with tools like SQL Server Migration Assistant and the AWS Database Migration Service to help you move your on-premises databases to the cloud of your choice.
- We know how to build applications on many platforms. As such, we can help your team optimize your applications as part of a cloud migration effort.
- Our practice team members work closely together day in and day out on migration projects. We’ve seen everything and have a body of knowledge on all the major database vendors and application frameworks to better understand your on-premises applications and the target cloud platform.
Check out the following cloud migration links below to learn more about our expertise in regard to our featured cloud platforms.