Developer – Enterprise Search, Sunnyvale, CA
Title: Developer – Enterprise Search
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As part of the Client’s IT Enterprise Search team, the Enterprise Search Developer will provide application design and development for the Enterprise Search application. This role will work closely with Enterprise Search Project Managers, Architects, Business System Analysts, and other Developers to translate requirements into robust, scalable designs, and then implement them in the Enterprise Search application ecosystem.
Client’s Enterprise Search leverages Google Search Appliance (GSA) technology, and needs to integrate with related core technologies such as Oracle Universal Content Management, SharePoint, Oracle Access Manager, and Active Directory. There will be two areas of primary development focus:
1) ETL-based content indexing process: Extract content from a variety of content sources, Transform unstructured/non-normalized content to match new architecture standards (metadata mapping and normalization), and Load content into the GSA using the XML Feeds API.
2) Best-of-breed search UIs: Allow users to dynamically improve the relevance of their search results by leveraging modern search capabilities such as dynamic search suggestions (Search-As-You-Type), results filtering (faceted search), and GSA OneBox capabilities for targeted searches.
Translate functional specifications into technical designs.
Investigate and prototype solutions.
Develop robust, scalable, high-performance application components and UIs.
Ensure all application security and entitlement standards are respected.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems.
* At least 5 years of experience in web technologies, either in corporate IT, professional services, or product development.
* Familiarity with web-based security standards (cookie-based SSO, Kerberos, NTLM, HTTP Basic, SAML).
* Familiarity with XSLT.
* Understanding of technical architectures, networking technologies and protocols.
* Specific experience working with search engine technologies (Google, FAST, Verity, Autonomy) is a definite plus.
* Proactive, broad, can-do attitude.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further info.